Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving In a Bowl

Can we talk about Doug Martin? Yeah. 52 points in fantasy football, are you kidding me?!?! My best friend, April and I are playing each other in our fantasy league, and I just lost to her due to Martin. Oh well. That was an awesome game....teach me how to Dougie!

Are you ready for some Thanksgiving recipes?! I sure am... I love holidays, not only for the time spent with friends and family, but for all the delicious food. The only bad thing is, is that the holidays can bring some absolutely amazing food that is oh so bad for you. Like I said in a previous post, let yourself indulge, but just know that you can make better choices. Life's all about that right? Make the best choices for yourself that you can at the time. So, in hopes of helping you do just that this holiday season, I will be posting some yummy (some paleo, some not) recipes starting with....

Thanksgiving In a Bowl

(this is one is paleo!)

Ingredients:

  • 1.5lbs Pork Sausage
  • 1 Head of Cauliflower
  • 2 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1 Yellow Onion
  • 7-8 Stalks of Celery
  • 1/2 C Raisins
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp Allspice
  • S&P to taste
Directions:

  1. Dice your Onion, Apples and Celery
  2. Add your Sausage and above mixture to a pan with olive oil over medium-high heat
  3. Let simmer until no pink shows in the meat.
  4. While mix is simmering, chop cauliflower and make cauliflower rice. (Put the shredder attachment onto your food processor and simply "shred" or "rice" your cauliflower. Or you could just youtube how to do this!)
  5. Once meat mixture is almost done, add raisins and spices. Cook for about 3-4 more minutes, then drain all excess liquid out of the mixture
  6. Add your cauliflower rice to the pan to heat it up a bit and slowly mix in the meat mixture.
  7. Serve with a bit of parsley on top and VOILA!





1 comment:

  1. Hahaha..I went to college with Doug Martin...he killed it this weekend. I really wanna try this for a meal soon.

    Jordan (CFSA)

    ReplyDelete