Thursday, November 15, 2012

Paleo...Sandwich?

I am at a loss of what to call this one. You tell me the name and I'll change the title... Sound like a good deal?

This past weekend was ah-maaazzzz-ing! I got to go to San Angelo, Tx to visit my husband at Goodfellow AFB!!!! I haven't seen him since mid August and let me tell you, it was such a perfect weekend! It felt good to just be "us" again. We didn't do anything special, we just had a normal weekend together. We even hung out in the grocery store! HA! But, for those of you that know us, that's what we do and I couldn't dream of being anything else but "us." To Grady- I love you so much, thank you for being an amazing husband and being in the military. I never thought I would be a "military wife," but I love every bit of it! Everyone at home absolutely cannot wait for you to get your butt back here for Christmas!!!



I got home late Monday night and really didn't feel like going to the store, so I made another "kitchen sink" type of meal. Those can either be really awesome, or a major major fail. Lucky for you guys, this one ended up being really awesome!

Paleo....Sandwich? (<---- again, please help me rename this!)

Ingredients:
1lb ground meat (I had ground beef)
1 tomato
1 small can of tomato sauce (no sugar or salt added)
Lg. Handful of Spinach Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves (yes, April, FRESH garlic...aren't you proud?!)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/2 avocado

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. Put meat and tomato sauce into mixing bowl
  3. Chop up your spinach and mince that garlic... do a little dance while you're at it, then add to the ground beef
  4. Mix above thoroughly, then add in 1 egg and your tbsp of Coconut Flour. These two will act as binding ingredients
  5. Place mixture into meatloaf pan and bake in oven for roughly 40 min or until meat is cooked through. (Meatloaf should be between 160-165F when done)
  6. Take meatloaf out of oven, let cool a bit and slice into desired sizes
  7. Slice tomato and place two tomato slices (not stacked) onto plate. 
  8. Add a meatloaf slice on top of the tomatoes
  9. Place some spinach leaves on top of the meatloaf slice (optional, the picture doesn't have the extra spinach on it...oops!)
  10. Fry your 2nd egg! I like mine to be a little runny still, but this part is up to you... Once your egg is done, place it on top of the spinach leaves
  11. Last but not least, add your avocado and there you have it! Paleo Sandwich!






No comments:

Post a Comment