This past weekend was ah-maaazzzz-ing! I got to go to San Angelo, Tx to visit my husband at Goodfellow AFB!!!! I haven't seen him since mid August and let me tell you, it was such a perfect weekend! It felt good to just be "us" again. We didn't do anything special, we just had a normal weekend together. We even hung out in the grocery store! HA! But, for those of you that know us, that's what we do and I couldn't dream of being anything else but "us." To Grady- I love you so much, thank you for being an amazing husband and being in the military. I never thought I would be a "military wife," but I love every bit of it! Everyone at home absolutely cannot wait for you to get your butt back here for Christmas!!!
I got home late Monday night and really didn't feel like going to the store, so I made another "kitchen sink" type of meal. Those can either be really awesome, or a major major fail. Lucky for you guys, this one ended up being really awesome!
Paleo....Sandwich? (<---- again, please help me rename this!)
1lb ground meat (I had ground beef)
1 small can of tomato sauce (no sugar or salt added)
Lg. Handful of Spinach Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves (yes, April, FRESH garlic...aren't you proud?!)
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Put meat and tomato sauce into mixing bowl
- Chop up your spinach and mince that garlic... do a little dance while you're at it, then add to the ground beef
- Mix above thoroughly, then add in 1 egg and your tbsp of Coconut Flour. These two will act as binding ingredients
- Place mixture into meatloaf pan and bake in oven for roughly 40 min or until meat is cooked through. (Meatloaf should be between 160-165F when done)
- Take meatloaf out of oven, let cool a bit and slice into desired sizes
- Slice tomato and place two tomato slices (not stacked) onto plate.
- Add a meatloaf slice on top of the tomatoes
- Place some spinach leaves on top of the meatloaf slice (optional, the picture doesn't have the extra spinach on it...oops!)
- Fry your 2nd egg! I like mine to be a little runny still, but this part is up to you... Once your egg is done, place it on top of the spinach leaves
- Last but not least, add your avocado and there you have it! Paleo Sandwich!