I sent my husband a little care package the other day, that included my granola and some cookies (including these....SPOILER ALERT Grady!). Isn't he a lucky guy?!
*These are pretty close to being fully paleo, the only "non-paleo" ingredient in these are the oats.
Apple Pie Cookies
1/2 C Applesauce (no-sugar added)
1/3-1/2 C Almond Butter
1 TBSP Cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Granny Smith Apples
1/3-1/2 C chopped pecans
1/3 C Almond Flour
1/2 C Oats
- Soak dates in a bowl of water
- Dice apples (skin on) into pretty small pieces and sautee over medium heat
- Chop pecans and add to apple mix. Sprinkle about half your tbsp of Cinnamon over mix and cover. Sautee until apples are softened and pecans are fragant.
- While mixture is sautee-ing, mix all wet ingredients. Place all dry ingredients in seperate bowl and mix both bowls together until smooth. Keep in mind, these will not be completely "smooth" due to the oats, but just mix until you see fit.
- Take soaked dates out of water and place them in food processor. Blend until the dates make a paste. Mix this into the apple/pecan mixture and take off heat.
- Gently fold this into the cookie batter you've created
- Place desired size of cookie onto lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 14-17 minutes. These do not spread very much, so you can place them close together.
- Apple Pie Cookies!!!