Here it is, springtime in CO. That means snow...and lots of it. Sooo, while we were stuck inside last Saturday while it was blizzard-ing outside (the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 60's ha!), I decided to make cookies! I was a little nervous while making these because I didn't use any sort of recipe as a backbone, I just went with it....and it turned out awesome! Here it is :
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 cup Almond Flour
3 TBSP Oat Flour*
1 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1 TBSP (maybe a little less) Cinnamon
1 cup Almond Milk
1 TBSP Cornstarch
3 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Almond Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
-feel free to add a little honey if you'd like!
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all dry ingredients (except the choc. chips) in one bowl and all wet ingredients in the other. *For the oat flour, just blend up 3 TBSP's of oats to make the flour... no need to go out and buy it!
**Whisk all the wet ingredients together and let sit to room temperature while you microwave your butter (10-15 sec at a time-you don't want to burn it!), then slowly whisk the butter in
3. Whisk the two bowls together slowly so you avoid chunks of dry ingredients
4. Gently fold in chocolate chips
5. Line baking pan with parchment paper and spoon cookie dough onto pan in however big of cookies you want. These will not spread much, so you can put them pretty close together
6. Bake at 350 for 20-22 min or until edges are a nice golden brown.
These come out so yummy for a clean cookie! No added sugars, not nearly as much butter as normal choc chip cookies call for AND no flour...Can you say Gluten Free? *Cornstarch is key! Do not forget this ingredient!!!!