Sunday, September 16, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins...with a Strawberry surprise!

Paleo Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins...(with a Strawberry surprise!)

Happy Football Sunday! I'm in two fantasy leagues this year, and both my teams are doing TERRIBLE this week! I rocked both leagues last week, earning high score for the week in both leagues, and this week just went down the crap shoot... What's up with that? Looks like I'll be doing a major overhaul on both teams in the next few days.
I don't have cable, let alone the NFL Package, so if the game isn't on one of the 4 or 5 channels that I do get, or Netflix (obviously it's not on that), you can find me obsessively cleaning/organizing my house or cooking and baking! I think it's the change in season that has made me want to clean so much... Fall Cleaning instead of Spring Cleaning???

Anyways...these little guys are heaven! Maybe you should make them and take them to your co-workers, you know get them all on the paleo train too... or maybe you could just eat them by yourself while watching Grey's Anatomy (p.s. definitely not what I'm doing right now.... haha).

Onto the recipe!

Ingredients:

1 Zucchini
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 Cup Applesauce (no sugar added)
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp Almond Butter
2.5 Tbsp Coconut Flour
2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 package Strawberries

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Shred your zucchini (should equal to be 1 cup shredded)
  3. Place shredded zucchinin onto paper towels, get more paper towels to put on top and press out all water from shredded zucchini...this may take a few times of pressing, just try to get as much water out as possible
  4. Mix in zucchini, pumpkin, and applesauce into bowl
  5. Whisk eggs and mix, then add in your almond butter
  6. Add in all other ingredients.... almost done!
  7. Make sure to grease your muffin pan if you are not using muffin liners. 
  8. Fill each muffin spot (?) halfway and place a slice or two of your strawberries on top, then fill in the rest of each muffin spot with placing the pumpkin zucchini mix on top
  9. Bake for 20-25 minutes.... Enjoy!



 The pictures are terrible. I promise they are good!



1 comment:

  1. These look so good! Definitely going to try them out this week!

    ReplyDelete