Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Easy Chicken Curry

Don't you hate when any type of house service gives you a window of time of when they will be there? You know, the Comcast guy will be there between 10am-2pm...Yeah, well we've got tons of huge trees in my neighborhood, which means tons of huge roots undergroud...which also means I've got to get my main sewer line drained every 6 months or so, so we don't get any backups. So what's all that mean? It means that I got a call at 7:10am this morning from the company, saying he'd be at my house soon....It's been an hour since that call. I've got things to do people!

Anyways, on a more positive note, I officially see my husband in 30 days!!!! I can't even begin to describe how excited we both are : )

Okay, enough about my personal life, you guys want food, right?! This recipe is WAY easy and great to make a big batch so you can have it throughout the week.

Easy Chicken Curry

Ingredients: 

1 package Chicken Breasts (~4lbs)
3 Red Peppers
3 Green Peppers
1 Yellow Onion
Chinese Five Star Spice
1 15oz can Coconut Milk
Your choice of curry paste (this is what I used)
 I found this curry paste at my local Asian Food Market. I love this brand because they have a few different curry flavors (panang, red, green, etc.) and the ingredients are clean! There are no added sugars or other weird unhealthy things. Perfect! Also, if you don't have Chinese Five Star Spice-find it!!!! It is such an awesome, versatile spice! I'll let you in on a little secret-it's a lot of bakery's secret spice they use to make all your favorite sweets : )...

Directions: 
  1.  Preheat oven to 400F . While oven is preheating, chop up that chicken! After chicken is all chopped, place on aluminum foil lined pan (easy cleanup!) and season to your liking with the chinese five star spice. Place chicken in oven and bake for about 30min. 
  2. While chicken is baking, slice your veggies and saute them in some coconut or olive oil. I like my veggies to still have a bit of a crisp to them in my curry, so I sauteed them for about 10-12 minutes.
  3. Pour your can of coconut milk over veggies and mix in 3-4Tbsp of your curry paste. In my opinion, the more the better, but that's up to you. 
  4. Once everything is mixed, turn heat down to low and let simmer until chicken is done.
  5. Okay, chicken's done! Pull chicken out of oven and mix with your veggie mix. 
  6. Enjoy!



It's been almost 2 hours now, and still no guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment