Monday, October 15, 2012

Good ole' Spaghetti!

You guys ready for a funny story this morning?

My best friend (and super awesome coaching partner), April and I were coaching our box's morning classes yesterday when I decided it was time for my morning coffee. Our box is right next door to a 7Eleven, so it's super convenient....and they have a pumpkin spice brew, that is PHENOMENAL! Anyways, I walked over there and one of the clerks asked if I "do that Crossfit thing" next door. (Keep in mind that I had chalk all over me, was in shorts, and a tank top that said Crossfit.... silly people) So of course, I told him that I do, and told him he should come over and try it out sometime.
His response: "Hmmm.... nah, I thought about it, but you guys don't do any weights over there... I need weights, so that's why I haven't come in yet." WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!

 

Do you see weights anywhere? Yeah, me neither.... 
He started to laugh at my shocked expression when his other co-worker chimed in and told me that's she's tried to tell him otherwise but he just won't listen... People are funny!


Good ole' Spaghetti

What You'll Need: 

1 Large Spaghetti Squash
Butter (I use Grass-Fed)
Italian Seasonings
Italian Sausage of your Choice (that's what she said jokes are coming my why, aren't they?)
Spinach Leaves
Marinara Sauce

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F 
  2. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and remove all seeds. Once seeds are removed, brush the meat (inside halves) of the squash with butter, then season it with your Italian spices
  3. Place squash-halves meat side up on lined pan and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
  4. Once the squash is done, let it cool before you "fork" out the spaghetti. Those suckers are hot!
  5. While cooling, cut your sausage in slices and sautee for a few minutes. April will sometimes sautee hers in white wine- yummy!
  6. Fork out your squash.... there are plenty of youtube videos out there if you don't know what I'm talking about
  7. Add squash and sausage to a bowl. Add in your marinara (please choose as clean as possible-meaning no added sugars or make your own!) and top with chopped spinach. Voila!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia, been doing Paleo for almost 2 months (LOVE IT) last time i tried cooking pesto spaghetti squash it was a disaster the texture was unbearable for me and my 5 year old. Any suggestions for newbie as far as cooking the spaghetti squash?Should I leave it longer/ Add more oil or butter? I want to make this for dinner it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete