Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eating "clean" on the go... Part 1

Earlier today, I posted on my gym's website what kind of topics/recipes they'd like to see and I got such great responses! My box is truly amazing, I don't know what I'd do without that place and everyone there. They are all so inspiring and motivating in their own ways, so I feel like I want to give back to them. This is my way of doing that!!!

Before I create some awesome recipes that they requested, I think my friend and fellow trainer, Bob, had an awesome idea that everyone will benefit from. He wants some suggestions on what, where, and how to eat "clean" while on the go. This can mean anything from being in a rush and didn't have time to make lunch, to going out with friends on the weekend. 

Where can you go and what should you order?
  1. Chipotle/Qdoba. Order a burrito bowl and get meat, lettuce, fajita veggies, salsa and guac..... clean, clean clean!
  2. Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Get a bacon burger and ask them to wrap it in lettuce instead of a bun.
  3. Your local Thai place. Order curry and skip the side of rice they give you. 
  4. Starbucks. Order an Americano with heavy whipping cream, if you need a coffee kick and don't like to drink your coffee black. (If you do dairy, choose full fat!)
  5. Jimmy Johns. Order whatever sandwich you'd like, sans cheese and have them make in an "un-wich." (They wrap it in lettuce instead of bread)
  6. Wendy's. Order the "Berry Almond Chicken Salad," don't use the dressing or asiago cheese packets it comes with. *(You could really go to any fast food and get a salad, no cheese, no dressing, no croutons....)
  7. Tokyo Joes. Choose the 'make your own bowl' option and order your meat, sauce (they have gluten-free options) and veggies (skip the "carb"). Also, their salads are pretty good, just watch the cheese/dressings.
  8. Boston Market. Order chicken and two sides of steamed veggies.
  9. Subway. You can make any sub into a salad here. Make sure to order tons of veggies and for the dressing, just get oil and vinegar.
  10. Wahoo's. Order something similar to Chipotle....
***IMPORTANT: I'm not, in any way, telling you to eat out all the time....make your own food, that's the only way you can really know what's in it! However, if you are in a hurry, these are some better options than your typical "fast-food" picks.... 

Stay tuned for Part 2. It'll include dine-in restaurant options!

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect Olivia. Great info. Looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete